11.16.2010

Ideas for New Projects

My digital camera doesn't work anymore, so I will rely more on the scanner for now, and develop a few rolls of film.

I have a bunch of Polaroids that didn't fit into the final version of A Meditation on the Misplaced, so I'll have to do something with those. I'm picturing small, handmade books, or at least ones that feature a lot of scanned in handwriting, doodles, and "marginalia." (See, I'm still obsessed with Susan Howe.)

Resurrect an old textbook and try to inject some life into it, and/or let its concepts inform my writing.

Write about the poetics of blending / merging in a way that (sort of) makes sense.

I can see relationships between many different things that interest me, and I want to express them, but sometimes it is overwhelming, and I don't know where exactly to go next. I think I'll let my mind take a stroll through Paul Auster's worlds of urban alienation for a while, and if my identity remains intact when I emerge, we'll see what happens :)

No comments: