5.06.2009

Etude 7 - Of fairytales and trauma

The original prompt for this one seemed fun and innovative, but I believe the assignment was changed during class. I was confused. I remember writing about actual personal trauma during class, and coming up with absolutely nothing of poetic interest. I also remember a discussion about poetry on trauma, in which it was said that there is no right way to do it. Whatever. I'll just go for it, using that day's brainstorming as my source text.

marginalia

answer for why relationships change
unbelievable consequences
the threat removed when necessary
declawed and pathetic:
I dare you
don't let that happen
myriad, newfound, forgotten
cry, scream, steal
erasure eventually
numbed with ice then sterilized with fire
pages scattered across the floor - [thud]

\\\

No comments: