5.21.2009

From the mid-semester portfolio. I finally found it!
I'm not sure if this works as a title. It is a line from a rough draft of the long philosophy poem.

she becomes a test case of what true religion is

We need a face and hands to mediate this: women are commanded to be silent.
Please listen: does that verse really mean--
Yes, you've been endless trouble since you could read.
Your lyrics are dishonorable. If you will not be reticent, the marriage is off.
I can't argue against God on your side. I trusted you completely.
Universals work in my favor, so why should I explain otherwise? Truth is convenience and power.
Oh, Lord, he doesn't care what you say. Please save me.
Help me--
No. Did you expect this to be like one of your damned books? Clean the dirt off your face.
Wash off that blood. You are his burden now.

I am devoted. I will judge with truth.
They may be right, but their hearts are cold. They deny us our mediators. Lend them your light while you can, because the day will come when a wall separates us forever. If it is any consolation, God knows how much of your blood is on their hands.

Fingers brushed the edge of his robe. He could be touched.
We need a face and hands to mediate this.

No comments: